Web-based First Aid & CPR Education
“It’s better to learn First Aid and CPR and not have to use it than have to use it and not know it.”
— David Goodman, Paramedic
— Founder and CEO of Heaven Can Wait
Would you know what to do if…
- your child starts choking on a piece of food and is turning blue?
- you’re home alone choking on a piece of bread, unable to breathe?
- you’re at a restaurant with your husband when all of a sudden he starts clutching his chest, he complains of severe chest pain and is extremely short of breath?
- you’re at work and your colleague has just collapsed to the ground and is not breathing?
- you’re playing baseball and one of your friends starts to have a life-threatening asthma attack?
And… would your child know what to do if any of the above happened to you or themself?
Learn how to save lives at anytime, and from anywhere
Welcome Aboard: You have just been invited to join us on the most important adventure of your lifetime. We will take you on a journey to learn how to save lives through our entertaining and interactive web-based First Aid education. We’re thrilled to have you on-board. Now let’s get started!
“It’s not a matter of if a medical emergency will strike, it’s a matter of when. Will you be prepared?”
Seconds count when a medical emergency strikes, we will get you prepared!
HCW is excited to introduce you to the most amazing web-based First Aid and CPR educational experience for your computer, tablet, or smart phone. Learn in the comfort of your office, home, coffee shop, beach, or your favourite vacation spot. Your web-based First Aid and CPR educational experience is available to you anywhere, at anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You decide when you want to learn. A stress-free approach to learning how to save lives. You’re in charge. It doesn’t get any better than this!
You will learn First Aid and CPR in a fun and interactive way. We have developed a story-based experience like no other. Follow the adventures of Ruby, Richard, Sasha, and Jay; help them solve real-life medical emergencies through “choose your own adventure” style activities; and practice what you’ve learned to become a First Aid and CPR life-saving hero! Who said you can’t have fun while learning how to save lives? Definitely not us.
Web-based First Aid & CPR Education
$49.99 CAD + HST
- Introduction to First Aid Principles
- How to recognize and treat angina and a heart attack
- How to recognize and treat a stroke
- How to recognize and treat choking emergencies for infants, children and adults
- How to recognize a patient who isn’t breathing
- How to perform CPR for infants, children and adults
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognize and treat an asthma attack
- How to recognize and treat a severe allergic reaction
- How to recognize and treat seizures
- How to recognize and treat diabetic emergencies
- How to recognize and treat an opioid overdose
What’s included in your Web-based First Aid & CPR Education
- Free 300-page First Aid and CPR eBook written by paramedic David Goodman. This comprehensive book will provide you with detailed information covering topics from not only your online class; in addition, we have added bonus topics such as how to treat burns, severe bleeds, head injuries and concussions, hot and cold weather emergencies and much more.
- Graduation Certificate
- Free: Quick reference First Aid poster, which is great to post around your house, your workplace…
- Glossary and resource sections included
- Earn badges along the way to becoming a First Aid and CPR life-saving hero.
$49.99 CAD + HST
Who Will Benefit
- Everyone can benefit from learning how to save lives
- Expecting parents
- Workplaces and their staff
- New parents
- Learn online First Aid and CPR with your children
- Primary and high school students, college and university students
- First Responders
- Daycare workers
- Those that live alone
- Those who love to learn
- Those who want to refresh their First Aid and CPR skills
- Those who are taking care of people with chronic medical conditions
- Shelter workers
You can view your program on any device that supports these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones (iOS 10 or later), iPads (iPad OS or iOS 10 or later), and Android-enabled phones and tablets (Android OS 4.4 or later).
- Everything is built to WCAG 2.0 standards
- All videos/animation include closed captioning
- Alt text included for all images
- Fonts, colours, and contrast checked for best viewing
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my web-based First Aid and CPR education provide me with a valid First Aid and CPR certification card that I can use for work, school, or other?
No, this is a 100% web-based First Aid and CPR education, which do not replace certification programs where in-class skills, demonstrations and tests are mandated and required. Please visit https://heavencanwait.biz/ if you require an Ontario government-approved First Aid and CPR certification program.
Will my children benefit from Heaven Can Wait’s web-based First Aid and CPR education?
Absolutely! This is a great opportunity to learn with your children.
How long will it take me to complete my web-based education?
You’re in complete control of your educational experience. Take as long as you like, there is no rush. Your progress will be saved, so you can come and go as you please.
Do I get to keep the eBook?
Absolutely! This is a great reference book and should be kept readily available in case you need to brush up on your First Aid knowledge and skills.
What prerequisites do I need to take the web-based First Aid and CPR education?
No prerequisites are needed. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to learn First Aid and CPR for the first time, or you’re a seasoned veteran who wants to brush- up on your knowledge and skills, then this is the online program for you!